Saturday, January 13, 2007

Calm Before the Storm?


The weather-people are promising snow, sleet and freezing rain for this weekend so I put the serious looking snow tires (Nokian Extreme 120's) I picked up awhile back on the commuter bike. I've got this good deal from the running shoe store where I work a few hours a week so I didn't have to pay retail. Now I may actually get a chance to try them out! The lake had those slow low-roar waves breaking on the beach this morning when I was out there for a run. With no lake ice, any storm has the potential to seriously erode the beach. I saw water marks within feet of the dune grass and the wind was not really blowing that hard yet. The last predicted storm was a dud. There's only been a trace of snow at the park all winter so far. Oh, if you look real closely you can make out some of the Chicago skyline in the distance.

No comments: