Saturday, June 23, 2018

Day #69-John Day to Mitchell, OR 70 miles

A ride in two parts-downhill, cool, light winds; then uphill warm with a head wind!  We’re headed to a biker hostel in Mitchell, Spoke'n Hostel about which we’ve heard good things.

This area is known for fossil discoveries.  We didn’t see any fossils but rode this road through an awesome canyon.
The hostel is an incredible biker friendly place.  There are probably a dozen or more cyclists here tonight.  It’s an outreach project of a local church.  
Pat Farrel,  one of the proprietors,  also cuts hair.  I got a haircut!  He tells me we are less than 450 miles from Astoria!  Steve  and I have maybe twelve days to get there.  We’re still planning on taking a rest day, something we have not done since we were in Pueblo!

3 comments:

JohnERyder said...

A "rest" day? Why on earth would you need a "rest" day? BTW, I'm envious. Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

Tom said...

You know, I’ve thought of Jerry often as I have been riding. He would have loved this. Met some wonderful people. Thanks John!

Unknown said...

Darn you guys are cranking it out.....don’t forget to enjoy the ride!!! I love the different places available to bikers along the way..... so cool and you and Steve are a part of this........