Thursday, May 03, 2018

Day #18-White Mills to Falls of Rough, KY 41 miles

Cut back today to recover from two rather grueling days in the hot sun.  Cloudy with a chance of rain but never got any.  Found a convenience store that wasn’t on the map and couldn’t find one that was on the map!  Had one very tough hill to climb.  Thankful for whatever increased strength three and a half months of YMCA classes got me.  Nadine, Tricia, and Kathy did me a huge favor by making me do things I would not have done otherwise.  It’s paying off on every steep section! 

Camping at our second Corp of Engineers camp ground.  A bargain with my senior membership and spotless.  The summery weather the last few days has resulted in our first encounter with bugs.  Army of ants got to Steve’s portion of a Clif bar before he could!

Preparing for rain tomorrow.  Cell service is spotty (as usual).  


No comments: