Saturday, May 12, 2018

Day #27-Ellington to Summersville, MO 47 miles

Looking at the jagged elevation profile for today’s route,  today looked like the most challenging.  It was a beautiful route ridden entirely on Missouri 106 which wound through Ozark National Scenic Riverways Park. To give you a little feel for the steepness of the hills I’ll share that I set a new personal record for top descent speed, 38 MPH! I probably could have gone faster but I started riding the brakes!


We thought we were camping but the local police chief, who I was supposed to call about camping,  didn’t know anything about it.  Luckily there’s a little motel,  the Rusty Gate Inn,  right on the route.  It’s literally the only place in town!  Oh and the police chief bought us Gatorade!  We must have looked parched!

3 comments:

Cabinnyc said...

I’m curious Tom..are you using any GPS device on your trip?.....That downhill at 38mph on a loaded bike sounds a bit harrowing....
-Curtis

Unknown said...

Very nice of the Police Chief.

Tom said...

Yes a Garmin Touring I bought refurbished. Bought maps for TA route from Adventure Cycling. Proved to be handy.