Monday, May 21, 2018

Day #36-Larned to Ness City, KS 65 miles

Though they weren’t amber we certainly saw waves of grain (wheat) today. Wheat fields that stretched to the horizon.  A foggy start gave way to a sunny mild day and a cross wind that steadily increased. Big grain trucks and cattle trucks whizzed by close enough to provide a moment of panic.  There’s almost no shoulder to ride on!  

Steve and I agreed to an ice cream break that fell apart when we realized our calorie  count was low.  Got to keep those calories up!

We’re camping at another city park.  If it was open, we’d get access to the pool area most towns out here have in their city park.  Instead we go another day with no shower!  I’m beginning to ripen!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can smell you from here!

Unknown said...

That explains my sinuses....makes me sad you getting ready to leave Kansas.But I am sure you are ready.

Jeffrey Levandoski said...

The picture. Is it a trail marker?

Tom said...

Close. Boundary markers before barbed wire. They were everywhere.